We introduce No. 35 of our email bulletin with our works and guest contributions. This issue features Yuki Harada for the contributor, an artist as well as the editor and a contributor of the book "Essays on works and reception of Lassen in Japan" published in June 2013.
"New-Methodicist Manifesto" declared in 2010 is the first manifesto by New-Methodicist. It asserts "New-Methodicist Manifesto is the manifesto of New-Methodicism," "New-Methodicism is what is declared here," and "We are the New-Methodicist." Also, their latest manifesto "New-Methodicist Rock-Paper-Scissors Manifesto" states that "Rock beats Scissors while beaten by Paper," "Paper beats Rock while beaten by Scissors," and "Scissors beats Paper while beaten by Rock."
Their thoroughly tautological manifestos seem to try distancing themselves from the reader as far as possible, but it is not really true. If I can tell my personal impression here, no doubt that I did sense a certain nuance in those manifestos when I met New-Method for the first time. It had long been the biggest mystery I found with New-Method.
The mystery lies inherently in what can be called "something New-Method" - a certain group of other meanings anticipated by and around a nonsense tautology "New-Method is New-Method." In reality, the letters "New-Method" and the sounds "new-method" suggest a certain kind of "something" out of these words "New/new" "-" "Method/method," and "New-method" is understood vaguely as "New-Method" including such "something."
In this sense, New-Method as defined in their manifestos appears in reality simultaneously as New-Method in its own definition and as what approximates to "something New-Method." Let's see its specific examples.
(Note: The full text is available on our website due to its length. Please visit the URL below.)
No Work Work Allowed to be Seen
A Website With Three Links No. 2 - No. 3
"The Website With Three Links" is made of 3-regular graphs (or cubic graph) in terms of mathematics. One vertex has three non-directed paths by necessity, and all vertexes can be approached from another vertex. No.2 is a website with six pages, and No.3 is a website with eight pages.
I wrote concept sheets that intend to offer my daily activities as artworks by disclosing them. I disclose my usual office work and shopping on any day I decide, presenting them as "Public Activities."
- "New-Method at GaietyTheater" Dec. 28, 2013, GaietyTheater, Kanagawa. http://www.iwasaki.ac.jp/museum/ (Details are still to come.)
- "History of Bigakko" http://7x7whitebell.net/new-method/history_e.html
- "New-Method" official webpage has been updated. http://7x7whitebell.net/new-method/
- Takahiro Hirama has updated his website. http://qwertyupoiu.archive661.com/
- Shogo Baba has updated his website. http://7x7whitebell.net/
- Masaru Kaido has updated his website. http://masarukaido.com/
- If you would like to receive the email bulletin "New-Method," please let us know.
- This bulletin is free to redistribute while all rights are reserved.
- This bulletin will sometimes be sort into the spam folder. Please be reminded.
The bulletin "New-Method" became bimonthly from the previous issue. The next issue will be published on February 4, 2014. With best wishes for a happy new year. (M)
Takahiro Hirama @qwertyu1357
Shogo Baba @shogobaba
Masaru Kaido @kaido1900
Bulletin "New-Method" No. 35 English Version
Published on Nov. 4, 2013