We introduce the email bulletin "New-Method" with our works and guest contributions. This issue No. 44 features Mare Isakari, an art critic who also participated in the exhibition "Ontological Snip" on February, 2015.
The iteration in a tautology has différance, as the 153,709th theme, or the next one, of the Third New-Methodicist Manifesto "cat is cat", for example, where the subject "cat" and the complement "cat" are not always identical but, when we say so, or because we say so, différant. We living in the 21st century, however, can no longer be stuck in the differential method of thinking in search of the moment generating différence. Instead, we need a new method to escape the cycle of tautology. Now we have already learned templates of thinking to let our thought leap farther: "sorasouyo," for example, meaning "if it is so, then it is so" functions self-evidently in tautological manner while its form is very logical. This syntax allows any statement to be applied by being inserted in parentheses, just like annotations. Whether its consequent is true or false, the proposition is going to be declared as a tautology, such as "if it is so (toothpaste for cats), then it is so (free of ingredient not for cats)". The soft and light tautology will lead us to arbitrary conclusions at excessive speed.
Heavy No Work Work and Light No Work Work
Multi-Layered Matrix of Numbers No. 3
The minimum form of a matrix of numbers is the array of 4 numbers in 2 rows and 2 columns. With numbers from 0 to 9, this 2-by-2 matrix has 1,540 combinations, excluding point-symmetric and line-symmetric overlaps.
Applied to two layers of signified numerals and their displayed sizes, the combinations work out 2,371,600 patterns in total. This work demonstrates all these combinations one at a time as date and time change.
126 photos lined-up in 42 by 3
This is a work whose title and actual piece are not matched. Both the title and actual piece are taken from my own web works previously shown in this bulletin.
- "New-Method at space dike" Jul. 25,26, 2015, space dike, Tokyo. http://spacedike.blogspot.jp/ (Details are still to come.)
- "New-Method" official webpage has been updated. http://7x7whitebell.net/new-method/
- Takahiro Hirama has updated his website. http://qwertyupoiu.archive661.com/
- Shogo Baba has updated his website. http://7x7whitebell.net/
- Masaru Kaido has updated his website. http://masarukaido.com/
- If you would like to receive the email bulletin "New-Method," please let us know.
- This bulletin is free to redistribute while all rights are reserved.
- This bulletin will sometimes be sort into the spam folder. Please be reminded.
What on the earth is this so-called “post-script”? I can be any content in any style. But I found the answer in the 33,791th theme of the Third New-Methodicist Manifesto. Yes, "Postscript is postscript."
See you again in the next issue. (M)
Takahiro Hirama @qwertyu1357
Shogo Baba @shogobaba
Masaru Kaido @kaido1900
Bulletin "New-Method" No. 44 English Version
Published on Jun. 4, 2015