We introduce the email bulletin "New-Method" No.28 with our works and guest contributions. This issue features Daichi Higashino for the contributor, who belongs to Kyushu Fascist Party "Wareware-dan" and is the editor of an art-magazine-style-oppression-apparatus "MAINSTREAM."
In an article "Methodicism Q&A" in a bulletin of old Methodicism, Hideki Nakazawa as an old Methodicist once answered a question "Methodicism is merely the adaptation of the early twentieth century's avantgarde, isn't it?," saying "Yes" on the ground that "We just want to keep looking at the tautology in which modernism has resulted." Nakazawa asserts "Methodicism has an aspect of neoclassicism, if you call the avantgarde classics." In other words, they repeat neo-classicism = avantgarde-of-those-days = "the 1910s"(*) again, in an attempt to rebel against decadence of Rococo-taste = post-modernism (concerning this point, I recognize no break between old and New Methodicism).
However, if we see New-Methodicists' "Art for art's sake" principle as "the 10s," what comes next is "the 20s." Avantgarde, that is, (self-)criticism against Art for art's sake, and an overcoming of binary opposition of Life and Art.
Then "the 30s" will arrive. The union of aesthetic radicals of "the 20s" and political radicals on both left and right wings will smash "the 10s" into pieces without leaving any trace.
You New-Methodicists, "the 10s" school, may better prepare yourself from now for the menace of "the 20s" and "the 30s."
* Needless to say, the 10s-30s used here stand for symbolic periods that do not necessarily correspond to actual historical periods. For example, Futurism was launched in 1909 but is included in the 20s paradigm here. Concerning the conception of "avant-garde" here, I use it with distinguishing the 10s' avantgarde (Art for art's sake) and the 20s' one (criticism intrinsic in Art for art's sake).
Pure Title Work No.2
The basic structure of Pure Title Work is same as the one of No Work Work.
Input and Output No. 4
An output from an input always stays constant. The input is arbitrary, and the output is necessary. This work represents the input and output of this text itself.
180 photos lined-up in 60 by 3
In this work as well, I lined up photos into 3 columns and multiple rows. All the photos lined-up here were taken within one minute at 6:56 am on March 2nd, 2013. Although it can be simply calculated into 3 photos per second, you need not to do such a calculation necessarily.
- "New-Method Auction" http://7x7whitebell.net/new-method/auction_e.html
- "New-Method" official webpage has been updated. http://7x7whitebell.net/new-method/
- Takahiro Hirama has updated his website. http://hrmtkhr.web.fc2.com/
- Shogo Baba has updated his website. http://7x7whitebell.net/
- Masaru Kaido has updated his website. http://masarukaido.com/
- If you would like to receive the email bulletin "New-Method," please let us know.
- This bulletin is free to redistribute while all rights are reserved.
- This bulletin will sometimes be sort into the spam folder. Please be reminded.
"New-Method Auction" had been held from 11 to 18 February, 2013. There were 77 bid offers and the final bid price was 5,849 yen. See you again in the next issue. (M)
Takahiro Hirama @qwertyu1357
Shogo Baba @shogobaba
Masaru Kaido @kaido1900
Bulletin "New-Method" No. 28 English Version
Published on Mar. 4, 2013